Recently, the lovely Jenni of Gnome Lover nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks so much, girl!!
Here are the rulesies:
1 Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
So, 11 facts about me? Here goes:
1. My family’s nick name for me growing up was Moo-Poo-Paloo or Mollusk.
2. I hate list making and the whole process of organization. (clearly, not left-brained).
3. I make chocolate chip cookies with my original recipe at least 3 times a week. My piano students enjoy them, my kids love them (and grab a spoon for dough every time they hear the sweet sound of my Bosch starting up), and they’re kind of the perfect post-workout snack too.
4. I nicknamed the bunion on my right foot “Paul”, as in, Paul Bunion.
5. Slow drivers send me over the edge.
6. When I was an 8th grade cheerleader, I did a round-off split on the court and almost snapped the hamstring off my butt-bone. I couldn’t even stand up, had to push myself off the court with my hands and when they helped me up, my hip popped back into joint. My hamstring was hanging by a thread on the x-ray. It took two months on crutches to heal. (Ouchie) Took even longer for my bruised pride.
7. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day. Love it. I share it with Mr. Banks.
8. Three of my babes were born in a tub. Waterbirth rocks.
9. MacGyver asked me to marry him on a speed boat traveling 35 mph. Honest. Dropped a knee and shouted “Will you marry me?” at the top of his lungs,… while holding on for dear life as we plunged through the waves. Once my brother, who was driving the boat, figured out what was happening, he slowed the boat down.
10. I had braces for two years when I was 12-14….head gear and all (only worn at night, thank goodness!!) ….and I STILL have an overbite.
11. I despise playing strategy games like Settlers of Catan. I’d rather poke my eyes out. Give me games of chance or luck any day of the week.
Okay, now I’ll answer Jenni’s questions:
1.) What is your favorite childhood memory?
I once tandem para-glided in the Swiss Alps with a guide who smoked a doobie right before he looked at me and said, “You Ready?” Not my most prudent moment.
2.) Where is the most amazing place you have traveled to?
Referencing #1 above, the Swiss Alps was absolutely breathtaking and I experienced it on a semester abroad during college. I’d have to say though that Whistler, B.C. takes it, since I traveled there with my MacGyver and our first-born (who was only 10 months old at the time). We hiked in the most amazing terrain I’d ever seen, with the little one our backs in a papoose, every single day. It was glorious.
3.) What is your least favorite household chore?
Cleaning Toilets. Gag!
4.) What is your favorite meal?
I could eat Tepanyaki every night of my life and never get sick of it. Yum.
5.) Why did you start a blog?
My love of all things Anthropologie, connecting with other women who feel the same, and the aesthetic pursuit to go be creative, to make something beautiful, whether it be paper crafting, a new home decor project, or putting together an interesting outfit for the day.
6.) What is your favorite movie?
This is such a tough question. I change my answer every time. Today, I’ll say my favorite movie is Definitely, Maybe. (with Ryan Reynolds).
7.) Do you speak another language?
I speak fluent Anthro. I also took several semesters of Sign Language and German in college. Neither of them stuck.
8.) What is the best deal you have gotten?
At Anthro? Once bought a silk top for $9.95.
9.) What advice would you have given your younger self?
People will both disappoint you and impress you. Choose your company wisely.
10.) Would you travel to outer space, given the opportunity?
Hmm, I’m not really an adventurous traveler. But I’d feel like a real idiot passing up that opportunity. So, yes…I totally would.
11.) Do you like camping?
No! H-no. I sleep like CRAP when I camp, like up-all-night-long. I usually need to pee twice a night and that’s never fun to figure out in the dead of night, with a nippy wind outside no less!
So now I’ll post my 11 little questions to you all, my readers, cause I’m nominating all of you!! Throwing the love right atcha! Some of you have blogs that do or do not link to your comments, and I don’t want to leave anyone out…so you’re all my little lieblings! Shoot back your answers in the comments! My inquiring mind wants to know.
1. Name a habit about yourself you’d like to change and a skill/talent you’d like to acquire.
2. When was the last time you peed your pants?
3. Best/worst vacation you’ve ever had?
4. What are you most annoyed by (today )
5. What event (if any) do you wish you could ‘do over’ in your life?
6. If you could paint the outside of your house any color, what would it be?
7. Have you ever broken a bone (s)? How many and how?
8. Any phobias or irrational fears I should know about?
9. How many pieces of clothing with the tags still on them are currently hanging in your closet?
10. Favorite Anthropologie brand?
11. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given someone?
Thanks again, Jenni. It was good times sharing a little bit about myself and racking my brain for new q’s. Hope everyone joins in! I’d love to get to know all of you a little bit more.